Monday, September 3, 2012

Full Blooded: By Amanda Carlson

FULL BLOODED

SUMMARY

It's not easy being a girl. It's even harder when you're the only girl in a family of werewolves. But it's next to impossible when your very existence spells out the doom of your race... Meet Jessica McClain -- she just became part of the pack.

REVIEW


I have mixed feelings about Full Blooded. I read the novella Blooded, and really liked it. I thought it showed real promise and I wanted to see what happened next in Jessica’s world.

Then in Full Blooded it started off pretty interesting, it’s now eight years later, and Jessica is working as a private investigator with her friend and fox shape shifter, Nick, after having left the police force because of being hounded by a senior officer who kept putting his nose where it didn’t belong, namely, Jessica’s life. This will come as no surprise to anyone who is interested in this book, but Jessica changes into a wolf. But unlike all the other wolves in her family, her change fits with a prophecy that spells out the doom of the werewolf community, since Jessica now has done something no one else in the world has done, become the first female werewolf.

Dealing with the different fractions of the werewolf community was interesting also. The only thing that put me off a little was the fact that this seemed to be very heavy on the romance side. That said, if this was billed as a paranormal romance more in line with Jennifer Estep or Christina Henry than with Patricia Biggs, than I would completely understand and say it was exactly as billed.

As I write this review I decided I liked Full Blooded. It stated out more like an urban fantasy then paranormal romance and I think that threw off my expectations, but overall it was a fun book. Overall, perfect for someone looking for a bit of romance with a side of werewolves and action. 


INFO

Publisher: Orbit

Published: September 11, 2012

Price: $12.99

Link to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Blooded-Jessica-McClain-Amanda-Carlson/dp/0316205206/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1346733480&sr=1-1&keywords=full+blooded

No comments:

Post a Comment