Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Harbinger: By Sara Wilson Etienne


HARBINGER

SUMMARY

When sixteen-year-old Faye arrives at Holbrook Academy, she doesn't expect to find herself exactly where she needs to be. After years of strange waking visions and nightmares, her only comfort the bones of dead animals, Faye is afraid she's going crazy. Fast.

But her first night at Holbrook, she feels strangely connected to the school and the island it sits on, like she's come home. She's even made her first real friends, but odd things keep happening to them. Every morning they wake on the floors of their dorm rooms with their hands stained red.

Faye knows she's the reason, but what does it all mean? The handsome Kel tries to help her unravel the mystery, but Faye is certain she can't trust him; in fact, he may be trying to kill her - and the rest of the world too.

REVIEW

The first thing I have to say is that I so rarely see Tamora Pierce endorse anything, and as she was one of my favorite authors growing up I tend to trust her endorsements. After reading Harbinger, Pierce once again has not lead me astray.

Harbinger is a wonderful story, filled with interesting characters, a captivating storyline, and a fast moving plot. Faye is a beautifully written protagonist who readers will root for throughout the entire novel. Further, there were impressive twists that will surprise even veterans of the genre.

That said, to me the most impressive aspect of Harbinger it’s author Sara Wilson Etienne’s style of writing. Etienne truly is a wordsmith as each sentence draws you in and leaves you in a perpetual state of awe. From the first page I was in hooked, and it wasn’t until the very end that I was able to resume my life again.

That is one of the only downsides to this book, you shouldn’t read it when you have a pressing deadline to attend to. Once you start, you wont be able tot stop, until the last pages is finished. All in all a very entertaining read.

INFO

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Published: February 2, 2012

Price: $17.99

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book. I loved being surprised. I loved the mystery. I loved the characters. I was disappointed in the very end of the ending, but I was still mostly just impressed. I would look forward to reading more from this author, and I hope she writes more soon.
    Great site for Divorce Attorney Seattle Engle Law Group

    ReplyDelete